After dyeing the English Leicester locks last weekend I decided to try spinning them into embroidery thread/floss.
I had a few suggestions from my spinning group, namely spin fine and even.
I only spun one lock as it is fairly time consuming, but it think it’s going to work 🙂
I think next time I will spin and ply with more twist as this one seems a tad loose.
I’d also like to try other fibres such as silk which I think would give a lovely shiney thread.
I had a crafty weekend last Saturday and Sunday and spent quite a bit of time washing and dyeing fibre.
I recently bought a bid bag of lovely English Leicester locks and after separating and washing the locks I dyed them using a mix of powered acids dyes in various shades of blue and a hint of purple. Thinking of trying to spin this into embroidery thread… something I have never done before, so should be fun 🙂
I went a bit overboard with the dyeing, so I’ve listed some of the locks in my etsy shop.
Ill post photos of the spun thread in a few days 🙂