Blackberry & Mulberry Dyeing – Part 2

It’s been a busy holiday season and one and a half months since my last post.

I finished spinning the kettle dyed wool from my last post about a month ago, but never got around to taking pictures.
So here they are…the results…
Keep in mind this will was originally a light grey colour…so colours may vary on white wool (which I think I’ll try next time).

image

The mulberry dyed with an alum mordant.

image

Now unfortunately I got the two blackberry wools a little mixed up, but I’m fairly sure this is the blackberry mordanted with alum.

image

And this is the blackberry mordanted with cream of tartar.

image

I think I might have to experiment with blackberry and mulberry dyeing again but try more mordants and not get them mixed up again.

All three skeins of wool were left in indirect sunlight for about one and a half months…accidently… so I can’t give much detail on color fastness unfortunately…

With the holidays over I will probably get back into dyeing and spinning a bit more, so stay tuned for more (hopefully) regular posts.

🙂 xxx

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Blackberry & Mulberry Dyeing – Part 2

  1. I think that they are lovely. I was just looking at the dead pokeweed plants in the middle of my wisteria bush and wondering if I should really try to kill them off before I get the opportunity to try dyeing with them. Since they weren’t in the yard until after I started spinning and dyeing I have to wonder if it’s not a sign of some sort.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s